These are toys which resemble dogs and have a soft plush fabric as the dog’s coating, and most of these toys tend to resemble the smaller dog varieties.
Furthermore, these toys have more features like those of a real dog such as wagging its tail, making dog-like sounds a real puppy produces as well as realistic mechanical movement.
The powering needed to do all these activities is provided by the batteries since most of the toys usually are electronic and are powered up by two AA batteries.
Due to their adorable nature, these walking dog toys have consequently gained much fame, especially to young kids, both boys and girls, thus making up one of the most frequently ordered toys for kids.
Facts About Walking Dog Toys
- Manufacturers usually recommend this toy for kids between the ages of four years and older.
- Installation of the AA batteries is frequently located at the bottom part of this toy. Furthermore, some of these toys either use two AA batteries or four C-Type alkaline batteries which you mostly purchase separately.
- Most of these toys are manufactured in China and then imported in the US where there is an ever-increasing demand for walking dog toys.
- Washing these toys is not advisable since that might cause damage to the electronic components and the sensors. Therefore, to clean this toy, use a somewhat damp cloth to get rid of any stains as well as brushing the fur to loosen dirt particles on the walking dog toy.
- In some cases, these toys come with rechargeable batteries though this is not recommended since longer battery life is achievable using alkaline batteries.
- Suppliers typically determine the prices of these toys and not by the review sites which show the specifications about each of the specific toy.
- Exposure to sunlight for a prolonged duration is not advisable since this causes damage to the sensors of these walking dog toys typically.
- Prices of these walking dog toys greatly vary with this dependent on the availability and popularity of the toy. Thus, it is recommended to purchase the toy mostly before the holiday season since prices tend to go up during such periods.
- Depending on the specific model of the walking dog toy, the warranty period varies, and it usually covers any artistry or material defects often 90 days since date of purchasing the toy.
- Walking dog toys sensors are best responsive to commands in quiet environment that are free from loud background noise such as that of the television.
- Some of these walking dog toys automatically switch off, and by petting her head, the toy gets to wake up.
- The walking dog toy best works indoors as an interactive puppy since exposure to grass, dirt, gravel, sand as well as anything else that might block its movement might subsequently result to damage of the walking dog toy’s sensors.
- Some features of this walking dog toy are usually affected by electrical interference, and in case this happens, reset the toy by removing then reinstalling the batteries or rebooting the toy by switching it ON and OFF.
Benefits of Walking Dog Toys to Children
Walking dog toys are interactive toys which have some developmental and educational benefits for young kids, with these benefits being the building blocks for more advanced skills which they find quite handy later in life.
Some of these benefits include;
- By learning and remembering each feature, children can now become more independent in play.
- Some of the features found in these walking dog toys require children to learn counting and sequencing because they need the children to recall the sequence to achieve a result.
- These walking dog toys make kids curious therefore want to discover either independently or with your help the interactive play of this toy.
- By playing with these walking dog toys, children acquire problem-solving skills on how everything works while playing with the toy. Consequently, the kids will recall what actions they must take for every specific function every time after they play.
- Walking dog toys inspire your kid to develop role-playing games with their new interactive partner, and this idea may be from movies, books or unique roles the child creates for their toy and themselves.
Walking dog toys provides children with an interactive companion, something children of various ages will find appealing.
By having a lovable face, yips, barks, whines, and fluffy fur, these walking dog toys offer a great alternative to real dogs which the children might be afraid of or are allergic to. Therefore, a cuddly and soft toy that responds to their call is a great alternative.
Additionally, kids can get to name the toy as they wish and will be responsive to various commands. Therefore, walking dog toys are an excellent toy for children which will always leave the kid entertained and happy.